Saturday 10 April 2010

Growing..




My research on sustainable jewellery has taken me towards sculpture at the moment, raking through the internet I've discovered artists with great ideas and designs. I came across a Community artist called Karen Whiterod who uses nylon and other plastics such as bottle and fishing wire, to create forms which are entirely manmade yet represent natural forms. I love these scupltures because of their transluecency, they way they also reflect light as well as let light through. A lot of her work is also suspended which is another aspect I've been looking into as I got further into the 'ring a day' project on Flickr, some very interesting and sciencey- ideas! Once I've looked further into the idea of suspending pieces of work I'll post it up here..for now here are some of Whiterod's pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment