Tuesday, 4 October 2011
So I tried my best at hot rubber mold-making again, this time casting a material I'd never used before - silicone rubber. I imagined it would be a rubbery yet smooth texture. However I'm actually really not keen on the feeling of it! If this is the way it always turns out, including translucent silicone which I would have to buy myself....I don't think I'll be using this in the future! It's is something I've tried and tested though, so it's a learning curve. I might have a few more goes at it- one adding bubbles to it to create a more organic effect, and one go putting the liquid silicone in a vacuum to take all the bubbles out. Oh well, I hope I have a better making day tomorrow!