Tuesday 10 May 2011

The end of term

I haven't posted for quite a long time, about two months. Finally the semester is over, we've all passed and are heading towards scary 4th year! It will be all worth it to see our shiny degree show though :)
However I can't help but think that this year was a little bit of a downer on the course for me, I enjoyed it so so so much in 2nd year, 3rd year I felt was a bit of a flop. The excitement had gone from the previous term, getting stuck into something I'm interested in, I think maybe what held me back apart from unfortunate circumstances, is that it wasn't 2nd year anymore, 3rd year seemed so much more serious that I shrivelled up a little bit, I wasn't quite as free as I wanted to be. I'd experiment with lots of different materials but nothing ever came to a 'spectacular ending' like I'd planned in my head. They came out more like samples.
For 4th year I'm aiming to bring the excitement back, not hold back and be brave, but at the same time I want to create something that looks more like a finished piece, well executed and with great skill. In order to do that I think I'm going to have to think about the way I work more, and learn about the materials I want to use really well.
I'm hoping for a better year next year, one where I feel much more comfortable in college and just get stuck in. Apart from aiming to get most of my dissertation done over the summer, and having to earn lots of money...I aim to have a good break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment